The Human Rights Council is an inter-governmental body within the United Nations system responsible for strengthening the promotion and protection of human rights around the globe and for addressing situations of human rights violations and make recommendations on them.
During the Conference delegates write, debate and vote resolutions about topics proposed year by year.
The President of the Human Rights Council has responsibility about procedures inside the Commissions. She is a highly experienced chair and runs the debates the last day during the HRC meeting. The President of HRC, if the circumstances need so, is allowed to overrule the Rules of Procedures of the conference within the Commissions/HRC meeting.
Vice-President: Pelin Yalincak - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-President: Flavia Busoni - email@example.com
- Discussing an international agreement for a shared responsibility to manage large movements of refugees and migrants;
- Measures to abolish contemporary forms of slavery in the working sectors of conflict zones;
- Measures to guarantee an appropriate health insurance proportioned to the danger of medical circumstances.
Deputy Chairman: Jacopo Fiore - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Measures to raise the level of food security in African states in need of aid;
- Implementing sustainable methods in order to reduce undernourishment percentage in Asia and the Pacific;
- Measures to prevent and fight overnutrition-related illnesses.